Ellis Gang

Friday, December 01, 2006






Today has been a good, but long day. We woke up early to be at our appointment at 7:15 at the US Embassy. Our interview went great! We will receive our visa on Monday afternoon and then when we hit American soil on Tuesday our little cutie will be a US citizen.

This afternoon we had Gloria and her four kids over to swim! They had a blast. The oldest boy even said he wanted to live at the hotel. Today has been a pretty tough day for Moriah. Last night she hardly slept at all so this morning we witnessed her crying for the first time. It was good to spend a little time with Gloria to see how Moriah liked to be held and fed. We were so blessed to have such a good foster mom. When she left I(Misty) cried. What a blessing God gave us through her. I think I was crying Moriah's tears since I knew how much she meant to her.

What an overwhelming day!!!!!! Moriah is now down for her first good nap. Kris just asked if he could wake her up to play with her. I had to be the meanie and say no since she is so tired. Moriah truly is a blessing from God.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
-Gilda

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for the family of 3. I am looking forward to seeing ya'll together next week! Blessings, Wayne R

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moriah is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your experience. My husband and I are currently in the process of adopting a daughter from Guatemala so we were excited to find a link to your blog on Gladney's website. We hope that our experience is as positive as yours seemed to be. Best wishes to all of you.
Sharon C.
scarroll@nc.rr.com

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blessing of your blog! My husband and I just started the adoption process in October. We can't wait until our own little girl comes home from Guatemala.

I'm going to tell my friends to check out your blog so they can better understand the process. God bless you!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home